Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pink Sunsets



I've always had a thing for pink sunsets...

Last year on the way back from passion i was talking to Melissa Pope about them and she told me that they are caused by the reflection of light against pollution in the air. 

more pollution= more brilliant sunset

I took this picture the night of the fire. I just thought it was so beautiful that God could make something so breathtaking out of such a catastrophe. 

Isn't our God creative? 

To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.  ~Isaiah 61:3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. That is an awesome, beautiful picture.

2. It's crazy that you remember me telling you that...cause I don't!

3. I appreciate you.

Anonymous said...

i have to say, God is pretty artsy... and that picture is awesome!

miranda Cooper said...

i love you girls!