Monday, July 12, 2010

Le Pier Deux

Relaxing at the Pier again with Kylie. I'm glad no one's here because it has been hec-to-da-tic! 211 campers this week and Gus and I have 50 at the Korean church. We got a lot done but I probably heard my name 100 times today. I think the first day is the most stressful because i have to get everyone in their stations and into the groove. I tried to make it easier for myself by making a worksheet for each team that has a list of tools needed for the job and a step by step how-to list. Type-A? Yes. I think it worked but by the end of the day the sheets were destroyed by paint and sweat.

This is my 5th week at the Korean church and i love it now more than i ever have. I think it takes a while for the Korean people to really warm up to somebody. Im positive they love me now. Eun Park, the pastor's wife and also the assistant pastor, gives me hugs and holds my hands and the pastor, Jung Pai, gave me a glow in the dark necklace and a stinkin' awesome pen with their church name on it that has all different kinds of ink. He gave me a hug too!

We are doing some stuff around the church that they don't know about and i'm pretty happy about it. We are building a gate for their air conditioning unit, landscaping and making a pathway to the back of the church, and washing the outside walls. Mr. James said he thought the church looked 2 times whiter than when he saw it earlier today! Gus also had the amazing idea of making a prayer labrinth around the back of the church. It's basically a little prayer garden with a winding walkway. He wants to make the path out of seashells and I hope i can pick the flowers.

Im in the skit tonight at chapel... look on my facebook wall to look at the lastest video im tagged in. It's a tidbit of how it goes.

That's all for now I think.

Tell me about your lives!

Love!

No comments: