Thursday, April 28, 2011

passion.

I want to feel made for something. 
I want to have that moment where there is no where else in the entire world i would rather be.
I want to have something that I fall asleep dreaming about. 
I want to have a fire so deep in my heart that I cannot help but chase it. 
I want that something to feel so right in my soul that I know God wove it in me. 
I want to have a purpose.. a specific purpose that I can follow with my entire life.. and not just     when I happen upon it later in life. 
I want it now so I can devote my whole existence to it. 


I am dying for a dream. 

3 comments:

Harvey said...

This is amazing. You articulated what is deep in my spirit, and I'm sure what is true of everyone, but we rarely quiet ourself often enough to connect with it. I am a pastor in Seattle. May I have your permission to read this during the sermon on Sunday? Bless you!

miranda Cooper said...

Wow...

You have no IDEA how much you've just encouraged me.
I gave up on blogging because I didn't think what I wrote made a difference, but i guess I was wrong.
Thank you so much for this (even though it's a year later...)

I hope you chose to read it.

Harvey said...

I did use it; I wish I could send you a link, but had a computer crash here last year. There are beautiful truths waiting to be mined from the depths of men's and women's souls, but many essential ones are buried deep beneath layers and layers of noise, activity, and fear. YOU are rare in your generation - more than that, you're rare in this world. As a contemplative, you are unearthing revelations in us that would never see the light of day except for your sharing of your own thoughts. Praise God for you and people like you!