Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ugh

I have to say, I'm a little frustrated. I'm not sure who's fault it is, or if anyone is at fault at all. I read articles and books about all of the things that are wrong in the world- human trafficking, aids, orphans, unfair trade, genocide, homelessness... you finish it. There is so much that needs to be fixed. So many people that need to be loved. And so i try to help a little. I do little things here and there and i try to do big things. Im lucky if they even work out. Maybe, to some people, im not trying hard enough. I have no idea. I just get so discouraged sometimes because i feel like i can't do enough. That i can't love enough. As soon as i try something new, i fail or quit. I have an idea to buy something for someone in need, and then i find out that it was made in a sweatshop. I pay for someone's lunch, and then i remember that i forgot to tithe. I go to an expensive Christian college to learn how to do all of the things i want to do for God better, then i read about people who give up all of their money to just go to Africa and serve the needy. I try to educate myself on how to do things better, but all i get from it is what a bad job i'm doing at it. It's not like i feel obligated to do good things. I really really want to because i love God and i love people. It just seems like i do it badly. I don't have a solution yet to my ramblings. So there's my heart right now. 

6 comments:

beencalled said...

Good, i so glad you found that out. You're absolutely right. You can't do it.

But Christ in you can.

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. – Galatians 6:9

miranda Cooper said...

thank you so much!

beencalled said...

hey, no prob bob.

one thing that might help you more and something i've learned lately, is while there are many good books out there to learn from, there is only one Good Book.

Books of this world may leave you feeling sub-par, but God's Word will always lift you up.

miranda Cooper said...

ya know i believe that.. i never feel that way when i read the Bible. :)

james bridwell said...

im going to shoot you straight miranda. im pretty sure that God doesn't think you are doing a bad job. you doing SOMETHING, and that is more than most people. your desire to heal the world is a beautiful quality, and you should never doubt that. your willingness to share all you have is a gift that not many have. your ability to see the need and think of ways to meet it is something that you should nurture and encourage.
you can't fix it all, but you can do what YOU are lead to HERE and NOW. it may not seem like much now, but neither did the loaves and fish when the boy gave them to Christ. continue to share all you have and love unceasingly and unconditionally. give and let Christ multiply it. remember, Christ doesn't require that we succeed, only that we try...

grace and peace

JEREMY said...

I am so proud of you. You always inspire me to be better than I am.