Monday, October 13, 2008

Beautiful

I really just want to light something on fire... haha. I really do want to scream though. I love writing but GEEZ LOUISE at the papers I have to do! I know I'm a cry baby.... :)
So whenever I have a stressful day i just walk and run around campus until I cant breathe anymore... So that's what I did today. It was so nice just to spend time with myself and God. I went to the falls by myself for the first time. I think it should be a requirement for every human being to sit by themselves for an hour or two in nature. There's something freeing in beauty. That's always been my favorite characteristic of God. Maybe it's just because I'm a girl, I dunno. But it just makes me smile when I see something truly beautiful. Like when light hits the dust in the air or the rocks in the sidewalks just right--it reminds me of stars. Today I just sat on the sandbar by the falls and I literally could not take my eyes off of it. I wasn't praying or even thinking. I was just enraptured. Beauty does that to a person. It makes me forget where I am and what I'm doing or about to do. It forces me to be fully present in a moment. Maybe that's why I'm so addicted to finding it in everything. 

...Just my thoughts on my little escapade. I hope you have a beautiful day today.


"He hath made everything beautiful in His time. He has also put eternity in their hearts, but man cannot discover the work God has done from beginning to end." 

9 comments:

beencalled said...

good luck with your school work. don't let it get to ya!

Anonymous said...

glad to hear that you are letting the stress get to you. keeping looking for the beauty in everything (even where you think there is none). if anyone can find it...it's you

Anonymous said...

that's supposed to say NOT letting the stress get to you.

miranda Cooper said...

hey thanx! who are you though???

Anonymous said...

just a friend who wants to make sure you know you have amazing things in front of you. you have the ability to see the beauty in those places most people can't find it. keep looking, because you can make a difference where no one else can. keep loving, because there are many not loved. keep your heart open, and let God take you places you never thought you would ever go...

miranda Cooper said...

you are weird.

Anonymous said...

ok. i was just trying to encourage a friend. but whatever.

miranda Cooper said...

ok "friend"... who the heck are you?

Anonymous said...

please just accept my encouragement and don't inquire into who i am. im just a friend who is happy for you and what your doing for the kingdom.